"we are two"

Friday, March 14, 2014


One of the happiest and constant thing in my life is my relationship. In all my life, I have been hurt, I have been burned, I have lived through it and I have learned from all the pain. I have learnt to be strong. And right now, I am the happiest I have ever been in any relationship.

Those who know me, know I do not celebrate Valentines day. There are much better things to celebrate. And that would be, our anniversary. Really, why celebrate Vday with everyone else in the world? Why not celebrate the day the love of your life changed yours forever?

So celebrate we did. We booked ourselves a cosy meal at Beast, and also indulged each other with gifts. :)






We had this foie brûlée with fig jam to go with the toasties on the side. It was the best appetizer ever! If you love foie gras, you would love it's flavor against the sweetness of the brûlée. If the flavor is too strong, it can be tone down by the fig jam which is just as delicious. That is just eating the stuff alone. It is ten times better on those crunchy toasties. 

We also had a Korean style steak tartare, which was just as good! No photos of it because it was so dark and photo turned out looking like a pile of mush. Basically, it's a semi-raw bunch of sliced beef infused with kimchi sauce and topped with a raw egg, to go with some toasties. There's just something about the combination that makes it soooo good. Maybe I'm just carnivorous, but if you are as well, go for it!





This is my 200g of Wagyu Marble 7, medium rare. It comes with the natural bone jus, a lemon wedge and some mustard. We didn't know what to do with the mustard so we ordered a side of really crispy steak fries to go with. I tried adding a bit of lemon to the steak, but I think the sauce alone is good enough. The lemon adds an odd flavor. 

My boyfriend had a 300g black angus grass-fed striploin, which was just as good, but not as tender as my wagyu as it contains less fat. It is the fat marbling in steak that gives it that soft, melt-in-your-mouth texture – especially when your steak is done closer to rare. Lovely! He paired it with a truffle béarnaise sauce, which was quite interesting. I wouldn't say I love it, but it was pretty alright.

Dessert was a peanut butter and banana shortbread, with salted caramel and ice-cream. Was quite lovely, and they also gave us each a chocolate truffle, complimentary. :) 



The server was also kind enough to take a photo for both of us outside. :)



This year, I got another keepsake from him from Tiffany & Co. A silver piece that I've always love from the 1837 collection.




I loved Tiffany & Co. ever since I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's (starring Audrey Hepburn) when I was a kid. Something about their heritage and that lovely teal color that just appeals to me. Last year I received a beautiful Infinity necklace keepsake for our first anniversary. I guess I can be expecting a Tiffany piece every anniversary from now on. ;p

I bought him a portable bluetooth and speakerphone enabled speaker, and an experience at the 2014 Future Music Asia Festival. :D It's so difficult to shop for boys, I swear.

Looking forward to more years to come with this silly man. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.