"swimming in ink"

Monday, December 20, 2010

I have to admit that I have finally found my love for ink drawing again. :) I used to draw draw draw and draw non stop with my ink pens all day everyday all those years ago, but somehow, I stopped.
I was convinced I had lost my touch hence why I never bothered picking up my pen again all these years.

However, recently, I've been on a roll with my beloved ink pen; doing piece after piece, polishing my rusty skills one artwork after another. Drawing gave me a sense of accomplishment, and it helps me clear my head so I'm pretty glad to have found what made me happy again. :)

Just the other day, Mathieu got me to work on a commissioned tattoo artwork for one of his clients.
Dude wanted an unconventional japanese carp, or what we call the koi fish; something that's different from those common japanese mafia carp tattoos that looked like crap.

Anyways, I snapped the work progress with my Blackberry.



A lot of pencil work, and even more inking to work on. You can bet that there was hell a lot of erasing as well.


But the final piece came out fabulously. :)



Yep, am pretty proud of myself. :D
Anyone else needs a tattoo design?

xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.