"food in, food out"

Friday, May 11, 2012


I've been doing a lot of eating lately. Eating in & eating out. It doesn't help that I'm surrounded by food-lovers all the time. However, I make it up by going to the gym, quite regularly.

Since I'm out most of the time, and also now that I'm an Instagram addict, I will recommend some good food and also where you can find them within the Klang Valley district, plus food that I made at home.




Fat Boy's Burger Bar @ Publika, Solaris Dutamas
I had the Bushtucker burger; a combo of beef, bacon, beets, cheese, wild arugula and garlic aioli. It was one of the best burgers I have had in a while. There are so many other choices plus, you can also opt to build your own burger.



Serai @ Empire Gallery, Subang Jaya
This, is one of the freshest and lightest pavlova I've had. Topped with grapes & strawberries and fresh cream. The only thing I didn't like was that the strawberries are coated in sugar. Yuck. Should have left it as it is naturally.



Serai @ Empire Gallery, Subang Jaya
Chicken parmigiana. Decent, not too bad but not good enough to make me crave for more. The salad served along with it was good though. It was even better than their Caesar salad, which was a total flop.



Mrs Smith's Australian Chicken Mushroom Pies & Organic Chocolate Hazelnut Milk
This was something I ate for breakfast at home. The pies were from B.I.G. (Ben's Independent Grocer) near the meat section. The hazelnut milk is from Pacific, and it tastes amazing. Perfect for lactose intolerant people.



B.I.G. (Ben's Independent Grocer) @ Publika, Solaris Dutamas
The amazing spicy lamb chorizo muffin from the pastry section. It's a must try for all of you who love savory muffins. I never had a savory muffin until now and it's pure love.



Brussels @ Jaya One, Petaling Jaya
Pork knuckles with a super delicious gravy to go with and potato bits. This is a must have because it's one of the best pork knuckles I've had. This is half a serving and it's perfect for two.



Macarons @ Le Chouette
Sweet treats made locally and available for orders online. Interesting flavors like watermelon lychee to common favorites like mocha. Perfect for a girlie get together. Some flavors can be a little too sweet though but the mocha macaron is perfect.



Stickhouse @ Sunway Pyramid, Bandar Sunway
It's where you can purchase ice-cream sticks and have them dipped in chocolate (white, dark, milk) and some added sprinkles and stuff. Nothing special, but some things have to be tried at least once.



Chocolate caramel cake with sea salt @ Fat Boy Bakes
It's in no way affiliated with Fat Boy's Burgers, but this rich chocolate cake can sure help you pack on the pounds if you don't control yourself. I have to admit, it is REALLY DELICIOUS. The caramel & choc combination is perfect. It's very very rich so it takes at least a party of 10 or more to finish it because at the very first slice, it fills you up.



Marinated lamb steak
I made this at home for lunch. It was a combination of sea salt, black pepper, lamb marinade, chives, thyme, dried parsley. The result? Flavorful without removing too much of the lamb's natural flavor. Perfect with salad greens, tomatoes and bell peppers.



The Hill Restaurant & Lounge @ Bukit Damansara
The food was good, but I absolutely loved their Watermelon Slush. It's a concoction of vodka, midori, lychee liquor and watermelon served in a watermelon. Love how they etched out a heart there. Right after dinner & drinks, you can have the watermelon for dessert. :)



Vitamin Water
Okay so this is not something that's technically new, but it isn't available nationwide in Malaysia. I usually get my supplies from colleagues who are traveling overseas, like Singapore for instance. It's one of my favorite drinks and I'm hoping they'll bring it down to Malaysia soon.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.