Grateful

Monday, June 24, 2013


These days, people tell me that I look happier and that I seem to have gotten my life together.

Well, not to brag, but that's kinda true.

I am at the happiest I can be at this moment. I have a loving man by my side, a job that I love, a great & supportive family, friends near and far, and am in good health. Lots of exciting things planned for my future. What is there not to be happy about? Life is good.


As I've talked about before, it is the Law of Attraction that has helped me see life from a different perspective and helped me be a better person. It has helped me draw my current job into my reach without me even realizing it. It has led me to realize who the love of my life is.


The Law of Attraction is nothing without the one key ingredient: GRATITUDE


“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up
 having more. If you concentrate on what you
don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” 
– Oprah Winfrey




If I were to believe in anything in the world, it would be this. Being grateful for things brings more inner peace, more happiness and more good things. Sure, there will be some hiccups along the way, I am human after all and I get angry/upset too – but overall, I am extremely happy with life, and so very grateful.


Tips for happiness + practicing gratitude:

Say your thanks every morning without fail.
I do it in the car on my way to work. On weekends, I do it when I'm still rolling in bed.

Say it like you mean it.
Even if you're driving a beat up, old car, be grateful that you have a car and not needing to rely on public transportation. Or having to walk.

Once your anger has passed, be grateful that things are not as bad as they seem.
Say sorry if you've fought with your partner. Tell him you appreciate him and all the things he has done for you. Forgive and be grateful that he is alive and healthy. Remember those people who have lost their life partners to accidents or illnesses and be grateful.

Practice gratitude with love.
The best practices are on people. Be grateful for your parents and their sacrifices. Feel the amount of love you have for them as you recite your gratitude for them. Do it for friends, colleagues, kind strangers, the love of your life, your favorite teacher. Anyone, anything. Even your cat.



“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, 
but the parent of all others.” – Cicero



Not a bad thing, for something that doesn't cost you anything or take up much time. It's a wonderful habit to have, and to constantly practice. :)

The only thing I wish to improve in my life now is my ridiculous anger, whenever I drive on the road. If you have nothing to complain about when driving in Malaysia (especially in KL), then you must be incredibly zen.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.