This Is The New Year: NYE Makeup

Monday, January 05, 2015




Happy new year again everyone!

I don't do makeup tutorials very often (and I doubt this is even considered a tutorial) but I might as well show you how I do my makeup – it usually takes up no more than 10 minutes to do. I'm no makeup guru, but if you do want simple and fast makeup that looks pretty good, then this is for you.



FACE & EYES: START WITH A PROPER BASE
I do not like using foundation, so I will skip that, but you need a proper base if you're applying foundation. I am using Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer. In my case, I'm only applying this to my eye area and brows. What this does is help your makeup stay on longer.




COMB YOUR BROWS, THEY'RE YOUR BROS
I didn't have the time to get my eyebrows threaded (they are so unruly!) so I had to make do with brushing them. I used Silky Girl's Hi-Definition Brow Liner in Soft Black. This brow liner is amazing, it comes with a brush at one end. In a sweeping motion, comb your brows outwards from the center, apply the liner, and brush again. See the different combing your brows make between the first and second photo?






LET THE SHIMMER LOOSE ON YOUR LIDS!
For my eyeshadow, I'm using my favorite Stila In The Light Palette. It has lovely shimmers and four matte colors to complement. I'll be using the Sunset color for my shimmer, and Sandstone to shadow the edges of my eyes. To finish off, I used Kitten to dot the inner-corner of my eyes to make them look bigger.






OUTLINE THE EYES
You cannot skip your eyeliner of course! My favorite eyeliner's from Silky Girl's Gel Liner range. It's dark and silky, doesn't smudge and long lasting (even when I'm in the gym). I love to draw eyes with a small hint of cat eyes. Drawing wings take practice but you can always pull the edge of your eye backwards and allow the liner to follow that crease line for near-perfect wings.






ALL ABOUT THE LIPS
Prep the lips by using a good lip balm as the first step (before you even begin working on your eyes). One such example of a good lip balm is La Mer's Lip Balm. It's slightly minty and very moisturizing. One application will leave lips feeling soft and smooth. Even the most chapped lips would feel its soothing effects in about 10 minutes. Then, follow with a lipstick color of your choice. I love dark reds – so I chose Laura Mercier's Tamara Red that isn't too bright nor too dark. I have never liked using a lip liner so I just draw on my lips and adjust with my fingers. One step less, and all the better for me.








THE FINISHING TOUCH
One can never forget the mascara. Nothing makes eyes look more defined (other than eyeliner), than mascara. Here's a secret to NOT needing to curl your lashes. Place the mascara brush right at the bottom of your lash, and zigzag upwards as you apply. This makes the lashes curl upward automatically – zero curling tools needed. You're welcome! I used MAC's Splashproof Lash Mascara.




Now all that's left is to style your hair, change and be out the door!
I still have some purple in my hair, so I just needed to style, curl and spray on some of Percy & Reed's Hairspray to keep everything intact.







What was your NYE look?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.