"busy as a bee"

Thursday, March 24, 2011

On Sunday, my friends and I decided to drop by one of my favorite burger joints, The Bee.
Located at my daily lunch hour haunt, Jaya One, you can say I'm pretty familiar with what they have to offer. Or so I thought. I am a big fan of their Tori Katsu burger, but that day, the waitress informed us that they were NOT serving burgers, and only their brunch menu items are available. 

I was thinking to myself, what brunch menu? 
I've been eating at their place ever since the day they opened and I have never known about the existence of a brunch menu. Turns out they have been adding lotsa new (and delicious sounding) items to their menu (which mostly consisted of burgers and sandwiches back then). Lucky me, I had my DSLR in hand that day so I can now show you what my favorite burger place looks like. :)



I've always loved their quirky little yellow & black light bulbs that dangle randomly around the eatery.


As most of you may know, I'm an art-centered person so these glass-painted murals really made me give extra brownie points to them. I'm sold! :)



Back when they first started, I remembered them not having a proper printed menu yet and they have their menu written on this board instead. It only took up 2 of these boards back then.



They always seem to have cool stuff lined up on their 'event listing wall' where you can get to know about any sort of theatre, music or art related upcoming events. They even sell I Heart KL Moleskines too. I wonder if the founder's an artist/musician. Maybe an aspiring one?




A good cup of Americano with a slice of biscotti. 


Tasty Banana Buttermilk Pancakes.
Their pancakes are just about as delicious as the ones from Paddington's House of Pancakes. 



The Huevos Rancheros Wrap. A load of Mexican piled into two 5-inch wraps filled with beef bacon,  parmesan cheese, house cured chillies, fried agg and Mexican rancheros beans; served with a side of sage potato hash. Yums!


This is the Portobello Mushroom and Swiss Gruyere Cheese Omelette, which is perfect for those who are watching their waistline and still want to have a good dose of flavor on their palate. 


No doubt, there will be more to try out from The Bee, so don't be a stranger, let me know if you do plan on dropping by and we could have a nice little Bee lunch together. ;)

p/s: Did I mention they have awesome homemade lemonade that comes FREE with your burger during weekday lunches? Ohh yes.



THE BEE
2A-G, Block K, Jaya One
No.72 Jalan Universiti, Section 13
46200 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan

Phone
(603) 7960 2160

Opening Hours
Monday to Thursday 10am - 12am
Friday and Saturday 10am - 1am
Sunday 10am - 4pm


xxx




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.