"avocado, the magic fruit"

Monday, June 20, 2011

I have always been 'just alright' with avocado. Sometimes I'll eat it, sometimes I won't. It's just a fruit that I really feel indifferent about. In fact, I don't think I come across avocados very often in my lifetime (there was that one time it was used in a burger I was having - which was pretty weird, for me) and I ONLY ever like it as guacamole with nachos; you know that green stuff that you eat with the sour cream? Otherwise, I would never eat an avocado on its own.




However, little did I know about the amazing things an avocado can do for my skin and hair. Notice how avocado is used a lot in beauty products - especially facial wash? Yep, they have really great moisturizing properties that will do amazing things for your skin & hair. Best thing is, you can totally make this at home and pamper yourself with it.


FOR THY HAIR
This great recipe was given to me by a dear friend, she swears by it, and now that I've tried it - I swear by it too! This will leave your hair soft and smooth, and you'll smell totally yummy. ;)

- One avocado, mashed into paste (should be in a creamy consistency)
- One tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Two tablespoons honey



This is how the avocado should be halved.


Just mix all of the above, massage it into your hair, cling-wrap it and let it sit for about an hour (you can do your own thing or read my blog within that waiting hour *winks*) Then wash it all off, shampoo, condition and leave it to dry. Voila, yummy and soft-to-the-touch hair. Some people have recommended using it with mayonnaise or even eggs but I think this recipe smells the best.


FOR THY FACE
You can totally do this while you're doing your avocado hair mask, which would be an absolute perfecto way to go all-out on an avocado overdose. There are two variants; one's for a moisturizing face mask which works great for dry skin and another's for a facial mask that you can probably do once a week for any skin type.


Facial moisturizer:
Mash a whole avocado into a creamy consistency and apply all over your face & neck avoiding your eyes and mouth areas. Leave in for 15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.

Facial mask:
Mash HALF an avocado into a creamy consistency, mix it with half a cup of honey and apply all over your face & neck avoiding your eyes and mouth areas. Leave on for 10 minutes and wash off with cool water and wipe the honey residue off with a wet washcloth.


Enjoy! ;)

xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.