"principles of burning"

Tuesday, October 25, 2011


Okay, I'm gonna sound like as though I'm writing a thesis on fitness but really, I'm just putting information out there for everyone who wants facts & REAL results.

Over the last 5 months, I have finally managed to shed 8kg in my never-ending battle with weight loss. With that experience, everything that I've researched, tried and known are all on this blog under the health & fitness label. As always, I hope that this would help you as much as it had helped me. :)


These are some of the changes you can implement into your life to really crank up that fat-burning process. No pills, no starvation. Just a load of truths from the world of science & psychology used for your fitness advantage.


Catch the running bug
FACT - You'll continue to burn fat after you jog. People who run at least four hours a week will burn more calories than non-runners, even when they're NOT running. It's true because I had a lazy week where I literally did nothing but eat & sleep, and I surprisingly did not gain any weight during that time. I usually run 4-5 days a week and it's seriously doing me a whole lot of good. I'd definitely recommend everyone to give running a try, I've got a beginner's guide to get into running that's pretty useful. (if I do say so myself)



Get running!



Max it out
I used to have reservations about going over my maximum HR (heart rate) but then I realized that HR is just a number. Just as long as you do not get into the point where you feel faint or your heart's about to burst, you should keep your HR running at 80%. Going at your max HR for 40 minutes can amp your metabolism for 19 hours afterwards. That means, more fat to be torched even while you're watching TV.


Lift weights.. slowly
Strength training can help you trim a lot of fat - ask any trainer and they can tell you that. Why? Because more muscle = mega metabolism boost. And that speeds up your fat-burning process. If you lift your weights much slower than your normal speed for each rep, studies show that your strength increases by 50%.


If kitty can do it, so can YOU!



Speed up, slow down and repeat
Alternating is the key. Your body gets used to the workouts you do after a while, which will prevent you from burning as much as you should. So, play up your routine to keep your body guessing so that it won't have enough time to get used to anything, and continue to burn at its max.


Put on weight (literally)
No, I'm not talking about eating. In your everyday routine when you're not working out, wear a weighted vest or maybe carry a heavier bag around. This is one of my tricks to burn at least 10% of fats off, even when I'm not at the gym. Be sure to wear something comfortable so that you'll move around more.


Download Tiesto, not Beethoven
This is an absolute no-brainer but I still hear my gym playing really slow music. Invest in an iPod or MP3 player and have a playlist of upbeat songs to workout to. You will find yourself working harder with the right music. I've shared some songs from my Gym Jam playlist.





Stay above 1,200 calories
The media has always portrayed girls starving themselves to be skinny. Though that may work (along with being anorexic or bulimic) but it will also kill you in the long run, and you'll feel constantly depressed. I will always tell you, it's not about how much you eat, it's your food choices. Choose healthier food, eat more. You should also eat more than 1,200 calories per day because anything less than that forces your body to go into starvation mode where it will store fat for emergency use instead of burning it off. Not good because it'll become a habit that would be very hard to shake off.


Get your snooze on
Another no-brainer but yeah, sleep is a huge factor in weight loss. Trust me.





So there you have it. Factors for weight loss that really make a huge difference if practiced well.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.