Working On Lately

Wednesday, May 06, 2015



It's been a crazy few months with work and at the same time, juggling my blog's editorial schedule and other endeavors. I finally have the time (thanks to the fabulous 4-day-long Labour Day weekend) to refresh myself, and get back to what I love doing. My art.

I have been painting on and off, and my relationship with my new watercolors from Daler-Rowney have been really good. Before I purchased this new set, I was actually painting with my old set (some Korean brand) which were from my college days since 2006. It's crazy how long watercolor lasts, but I did find the texture a little less nicer to work with after so many years, and they have hardened up quite a bit too.

If you have been following my art, you will notice that my style is always-changing and evolving, and I always find new ideas to work on, sometimes even while sleeping.

Recently, I've been dabbling in folksy art – very clean, bright colors accentuated by lines and messy-on-purpose details. I went back to basics, by painting the things around me which I observe, and also things I love.

And currently, what I love are things in nature, and shoes.

I've been drawing fruits I love, like the rambutan illustration above, and other things like floral garlands and a kingfisher. Also in the works are some other woodland creatures. These will be available as prints, if interested, do enquire within. As for the shoes, I'm painting up a storm of designer shoes, some which are very iconic like the Valentino Rock Studs and Ferragamo's layered wedge shoes. More are in the works and I promise a full post on those the next time. For now, do follow me on Instagram for sneak peeks.




Let's socialize: Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | Bloglovin


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.