"closet mess"

Thursday, December 29, 2011


After a good whole month of working on this piece, I've finally completed it.
For the first time ever, this piece is also available for purchase as a framed print. More details will be up soon, but you're welcome to email me for enquiries.



The initial sketching process. A flurry of graphite & ink. And eraser dust.


I actually did color study and many hours of proper blending with at least 15 different colors.


So, I've been trying out this whole mixed media process where traditional art meets digital (Photoshop) and I think marrying them really makes it all the better. Some things you just can't do on paper alone.




I've tidied up some of the rougher edges but left some of the raw color pencil grains intact.
I already have another piece in the works so stay tuned! :)

p/s: This is the low-res version of the final artwork hence the clip in quality. Rest assured the final printed piece will be perfectly clear & crisp.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.