"basic tuna sandwich for dummies"

Wednesday, November 23, 2011




I've just recently discovered that I'm in love with sandwiches. I've always likes them - now I LOVE them. Call it a phase, but sandwiches are the only thing I ever think of eating right about now.

The best part is, they're so damn easy to make and so healthy.

If you've followed my blog for a while, you might remember my favorite recipes for a french toast tuna sandwich and also the savoury french toast.

Today I just want to talk about the perfect, classic tuna sandwich - my favorite version. It's REALLY simple to make - even my cat could do it; if he had hands.


INGREDIENTS

  • Wholewheat bread
  • Spicy tuna spread (you can use tuna chunks in water too but be sure to add your own mayo)
  • Zucchini
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato slices
  • Olives
  • Black pepper
  • A dash of lemon
  • Alternatively, you can add in onions, chives, olives or whatever you desire.



Just spread the tuna over the bread, add the lemon and black pepper and toast it in the oven for approximately 5 minutes at 150 °C. When its done, just add in the veggies as you please and you're all set.

This sandwich goes terrific with a cup of yogurt and a glass of green tea. :)



You Might Also Like

2 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.