"easy-peasy banana ice-cream"

Saturday, January 21, 2012





First of all, I have to say I can certainly take no credit for the amazing recipe (or the artwork that accompanies it). This was something I pulled off a fitblr, source unknown so thank you, whoever you are. This is so easy to make, you don't even need an ice-cream maker (though I would've traded my right arm off for one of those). Also, the step-by-step photos are courtesy of TheKitchn because I forgot my camera.

Apparently, bananas make the best rich & silky soft-serve ice-cream ever. No milk or sugar needed. Just a couple of frozen bananas. And a blender.

Honestly, I half expected the banana to turn out flaky, icky and crumbly but instead, it came out nice & smooth. This is like kitchen magic!





I swear, easiest thing to do, ever!
Step-by-step with real photos this time.



Two bananas should make about 1-2 servings.



Chop em' up into pieces. Then freeze them for 2 hours in the freezer.



Once they're nice & frozen, throw them into the blender & blend away.



Watch the magic happens when bananas turns into ice-cream. This is also the time for you to throw in some extra ingredients like peanut butter or chocolate chips. I personally prefer honey or maple syrup.




Scoop it out, and serve! 


It's so ridiculously easy. You can also store the leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer. But as these are fresh bananas without any preservatives, please consume within one week.

Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Mish this tasted awesome <3 had it with a drizzle of honey, the honey kinda gooed/harden a bit since the banana was really cold <3 yums. 

    ReplyDelete

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.