"simple prawn pesto pasta"

Wednesday, January 16, 2013


Photo credit BudgetBytes


These days I'm all about eating healthy whenever I can, and if especially if I'm making my own food. Which happens quite often now since I've adopted the lunch bag practice for work. I bought some pesto from the super mart the other day and I decided to make some really healthy pesto pasta for lunch. It's really simple too and can be adapted into many other variants with different ingredients. I personally love pesto with prawns as I find the tastes of the prawn and pesto compliments each other really well. Tastes sooo healthy too!

I didn't get to take much photos during the process because I was just too hungry while making this. I only have that miserable shot at the end of this post that was taken right before I ate this from my lunch box. The taste however, is amazing!



INGREDIENTS
Olive oil
200 grams angel hair pasta (I made 2 big servings)
1 jar pesto
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
500 grams prawns, peeled and deveined
2 cloves garlic
2 birds eye chillies
3 tsp dried oregano
8 black olives, sliced
Chilli flakes (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste



Start by cooking the pasta in boiling water. Add about 2 teaspoons of salt for taste. Angel hair pasta usually takes a shorter time to cook, about 10-15 minutes, so remember to keep watch.

While the pasta is cooking, start chopping the garlic and chillies. Don't forget to half your cherry tomatoes as well. Once the pasta is done, drain it and leave it aside.

Heat some olive oil in the pan. When heated, throw in the garlic and leave it to cook on medium heat until fragrant, about a minute. Next, throw in the prawns and stir in some salt and pepper according to taste. In about 2 minutes, the prawns should start turning pink and curling up.

Throw in the chillies and cherry tomatoes, leave it to cook for about another minute or so.

Then throw in the pasta, add about 8-10 tablespoons of pesto, up to your taste. Stir everything together until the pasta is evenly coated in pesto. Add in more pesto if needed.

Kill the heat, and while the pasta is still in the pan, mix in the dried chill flakes and the oregano. Transfer the pasta onto serving plates, mix it again with the sliced olives and you're done.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.