Plantspiration

Wednesday, January 14, 2015




I've been searching high and low for inspiration to decorate (actually, more like redecorate) my home-slash-workspace, to include more plants. I need some greens to de-stress my stressed eyes from all those hours spent in front of the laptop. These are what I yielded. Aren't they gorgeous?

Now all I need is some time and effort to start selecting the right pieces. I'm thinking of making another batch of those repurposed dino plants that I made in 2013. My succulents from that DIY tutorial have lasted well until this day!

I have also developed this weird obsession with everything and anything marble – for the sake of the 'plantspiration' theme, green marble. Isn't this marble tray gorgeous? Perfect for storing knick-knacks or for placing my Magic Mouse and fountain pens. I think it adds a very nice touch to any space. It would also match this candle from H&M Home which features a gray-streaked marble design.

I told my boyfriend about the major decor plans I have for our space and he was like "you're crazy" and "everything you want is so expensive". However, I think I have managed to cut down a lot of the costs by opting for IKEA. 

I love IKEA because it's simple, clean and very well affordable. The only quip I have with going there are the massive amounts of people and strollers and kids – who have no sense of personal space! The last time we venture to IKEA to get my all-black work table, my boyfriend got his foot cut by some irresponsible trolley-pusher. He was bleeding all over the place and so many of the helpful IKEA staff came to his aid – it was all very dramatic. But yeah, IKEA in Malaysia is a hell hole on weekends. Strollers should be banned! What do babies know about furniture shopping? Okay, end of rant.

What are your inspirations for your space this 2015?



Let's socialize: Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | Bloglovin


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.