"myself : on paper"

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

So i decided to do this random piece of artwork.
I got my inspiration while staring at myself in the full-length mirror, sitting there cross-legged with my book on my lap, Blackberry in one hand.
Da Vinci has his self-portrait done, so did Salvador Dali. It's about time I did one too.

It's obviously not a very accurate portrayal of me. I made myself look better on paper, added some grass and flowers pretending I was in some dainty meadow sipping on my green tea latte and keeping my ordinary-looking but magical carry-all tote next to me.

This is what my imagination spurred.




Ink & Watercolor go together beautifully. :)


This was the rough sketch.


I took my ol' buddy out, the watercolor palette.
Can you believe it, these colors have stayed on this palette since I last painted 3 years ago.
And all you need is to just add a lil water to your brush and they can be reused again. The next best thing is that I get to keep them for another few years to be taken out and used again. I love watercolor. :D


:) I feel so accomplished. 

xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.