"frazzled feathers"

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

One of my latest watercolor painting endeavors. I love the outcome, it turned out so much better than I had ever hoped for. It was supposed to be a sepia, brown-toned piece, like an old photograph; but my mind went into overdrive and I braved the thought of adding some colors to the mood. I'm not good with colors, so this was a pretty bold move for me, but I did it and it turned out awesome, if I do say so myself. :)



The progress actually took quite some time. I sketched the artwork 4 months ago when I was feeling quite pissed with a lot of things. I sat down in Starbucks and just blasted my iPod and started to draw my anger onto my sketchbook.

I finally decided to have it painted yesterday and despite it being the result of my anger those months back, I decided to let the colors play out in a broody, mysterious way rather than angry reds all over. I think it turned out rather picturesque, like a scene out of some Halloween movie minus the goofy, scary elements.



And to think, this is my first full-colored, full-page artwork in my little black sketch book.
I usually never really like to do a full-page artwork as I like a finished artwork that looks unfinished (cos I'm weird like that, hur hur) but I love the first ever, so far.



Oh and I named the birds by the way. From the top, meet Broody, Untrusting and Skeptical. :)


xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.