"baby donuts in blue, homer-simpsons-style"

Friday, April 29, 2011



Okay I know I'm a little late at posting this up, but I was just too busy, I don't even check my Facebook anymore. :( And thank you to those of you who reminded me to post this up, hence why I'm doing it now.

Okay I know I said these donuts were Homer-Simpsons-styled, and they are but NOT in terms of color. I know his was a pink donut, but I had no pink AND ALSO, he eats all kinds of donuts no matter what color they are. So there.


INGREDIENTS

Donut batter:
2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbsp. butter, melted

*For buttermilk, you can substitute it with a homemade version which is a mixture of milk and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix and let it sit out for 2-5 minutes before use.

Preheat oven to 218°C (425°F)

In large mixing bowl, sift together all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Then add in the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla extract, vanilla seeds and butter and beat until just combined.
I used a nonstick donut pan from Mastercook so I just filled the cavities with the batter as soon as the mixing is done. If your donut pan doesn't come with a nonstick coating, spray doughnut cavities with cooking spray or brush with butter. Fill each donut cup approximately 1/2 full and pop it into the oven.

Bake 5-8 minutes or until the top of the donuts spring back when touched. I love how donuts need so little time to bake. Let cool in pan for 2-3 minutes before removing, please do so with a spoon.



The cutest little newborn baby donuts. They are about the size of my palm, and I have really tiny palms.
Now, for the glaze.


Vanilla glaze:
1 cup confectioner’s sugar (or icing sugar as some may call it)
1 tbsp. milk
½ tsp. vanilla extract
3 drops of liquid blue food coloring (or any other color you'd prefer)
Donut decorators - sprinkles, nonpareils, silver balls, etc.


Trust me, this is very easy to make. In small bowl, stir together sugar, milk and vanilla extract until sugar is completely dissolved. Then add food coloring and stir until color is uniform. Use immediately to glaze your donuts.




Followed by sprinklings of whatever you like. Be creative and make your donuts stunning. :))))
This is by far the easiest thing I have baked. If I can do it, so can you.



Have a delicious weekend ahead of you!

xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.