"advanced origami"

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Ever since I was a kid, I've always been intrigued by the art of paper folding, or what we call origami.
As you can tell, the word origami derives from a japanese word which means 'folding paper'.

It's one of the most intricate & beautiful art forms that doesn't cost much to make but requires a lot of patience, skill and time. I've only ever gotten around to making paper boats, airplanes and swans - even a paper bra that a boy once taught me to make in kindergarten - but that was as far as my advancement went.

I came across a really interesting photostream on Flicker and I found a whole load of beautifully crafted origami pieces that I just could not resist browsing through. The photostream belongs to Origami Roman and these here are some of my favorites. :) I hope you'd get as inspired as I did looking at all these amazing crafts.










My top favorites from this lot are definitely the fox and the unicorn. The amazing amount of details put into crafting that perfect piece of artwork, I would be proud of that. :)

Have an inspiring week ahead of you.

xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Say anything but please say what you mean.

Twitter Updates

About me

blogheader2015

All images and text here are the intellectual property of Michelle Lim, owner of the blog site www.coquettishmish.com, and related third-party ownerships. Any use, reproduction or re-quoting of the materials here can only be done with expressed permission from the blog owner, and should be duly credited where necessary.